New Post has been published on The Rakyat Post
New Post has been published on http://www.therakyatpost.com/news/2015/04/26/bn-aid-for-elderly-man-to-repair-home-damaged-by-fire/
BN aid for elderly man to repair home damaged by fire
MUADZAM SHAH, April 26, 2015:
“I’m very sad… it’s like being cast out in my own village,” a senior citizen lamented while in tears.
Yusof Awang, 61, who is partially paralysed, has been living in a dilapidated hut facing Sungai Aur in Kampung Seberang Aur since July last year after his home was damaged in a fire.
But due to the difficulty he faces, Yusof and his two sons were not able to repair their home and were forced to take shelter in a hut behind the house.
He said he was dependent on the income of two daughters who now work as salesgirls in Muadzam Shah town.
Both the girls, aged 16 and 18, had to quit school and work to support the family, which includes their mother.
“I do not have any source of income or support from anyone and depend solely on handouts from my children.
“They give me RM200 a month and that’s all I have to live on. Fortunately there are some amenities like the suspeded bridge. At least my son can easily get to and from work “, said the former tractor driver.
Yusof explained that the suspension bridge was provided by BN Rompin by-election candidate Datuk Hasan Arifin when the latter was the Bukit Ibam assemblyman.
“There is much that he has done since he first became a state assemblyman, including the bridge and the Federal Land Consolidation and Rehabilitation Authority (Felcra) .. every three months I get RM1,000 from Felcra… Thank God. It helps,” Yusof explained.
Meanwhile, Umno vice-president Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein, during a visit to the family home yesterday, said they would attempt to repair it.
“He (Hishammuddin) said they will try to help efforts to repair my house so at least I will have a comfortable shelter.
“I am very grateful for his concern in helping me and my family,” said Yusof.










