Built in 1841 by Dr Farquhar MacCrae, brother-in-law of the diarist and artist Georgiana MacCrae, it was occupied for most of the 1840s by that legal luminary Redmond (later Sir Redmond) Barry until Dr Arthur O’Mullane bought it in 1852 and set up his practice there.
Later it was used by the Cameron Tobacco Factory and then by the Metropolitan Mission
Bourke St west not far from the corner of William St
1915 just before it was demolished










