Superstition Season 1 - Episode 10: Green-on-Blue AirDate: January 4th, 2018, 11:00 pm
seen from China

seen from Singapore

seen from Latvia

seen from Mexico

seen from United States

seen from Türkiye
seen from China

seen from Romania
seen from United States

seen from Mexico

seen from China
seen from United States

seen from Türkiye

seen from United States

seen from China
seen from United Kingdom
seen from China
seen from Sweden
seen from United States

seen from United Kingdom
Superstition Season 1 - Episode 10: Green-on-Blue AirDate: January 4th, 2018, 11:00 pm
Less than a week after his arrest for opening fire on Slovakian soldiers guarding Kandahar Airfield, an Afghan National Army soldier has escaped from detention, with the aid of a fellow ANA soldier. One Slovakian soldier was killed and six others were wounded in the green-on-blue attack on July 9. The Guardian reports that the attacker and his accomplice are "believed to have headed towards the eastern mountain provinces, full of lawless pockets where insurgents hold sway."
Lamber Khan, a two-year veteran of the ANA from Laghman province, escaped from an Afghan detention facility in Kandahar yesterday along with the accomplice, who, according to Gen. Abdul Hameed, the commander of the Afghan 205th Army Corps, comes from the same area of eastern Afghanistan near Jalalabad, the New York Times reported. Gen. Hameed described the accomplice as a "trustworthy" person and supervisor of the attacker, and said the escape plan involved taking the attacker to the facility's hospital wing for supposed medical care, then undoing his shackles so he could escape along with the accomplice.
According to Pajhwok Afghan News, Khan escaped from the jail after being taken out of his cell and pretending to take medicine. Javed Faisal, spokesman for the provincial governor, said Afghan security forces have been directed to recapture the two escapees as quickly as possible.
A spokesperson for the International Security Assistance Force confirmed that ISAF was aware of the escape from an Afghan facility and was ready to "support the government of Afghanistan if requested," the New York Times reported.
Following the escape, Taliban spokesman Qari Yousaf Ahmadi claimed that the attacker and his colleague had joined the Taliban. He further claimed that Khan was a five-year veteran of the army who had been in touch with the Taliban prior to and after the attack.
There have been numerous instances, however, of green-on-blue attackers escaping right after the attack, prior to detention. In fact, 34 attackers are known to have escaped arrest, as compared to 25 who have been captured (11 of whom were detained in one incident).
Read more: http://www.longwarjournal.org/threat-matrix/#ixzz2Z93r1wCO
The third insider attack of 2013 took place in Jalrez district of Maidan Wardak province on Monday. The central Afghan province has become a political and military battleground in recent weeks as President Karzai issued withdrawal orders to US Special Forces operating in the province amidst accusations that irregular militias armed by USSF were committing atrocities in local communities.