"Scope of Camp Probe Outlined by Ralston," Montreal Gazette. September 2, 1940. Page 5. ---- Ottawa, September 1.-Defence. Minister Ralston tonight announced the scope of the investigation to be conducted by a board of experts into the war prisoner and internment camp situation in Canada.
The board, the Minister said, will examine conditions at the various internment camps and make recommendations regarding any further measures to prevent the escape of men held in these camps.
No time is to be lost in instituting the investigation, said Mr. Ralston, who announced Friday night that the probe would be held. As previously announced, the board will consist of Col. P. A. Piuze, officer commanding the Canadian Provost Corps, chairman; Col. T. Dann, former Deputy Commissioner of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, and George T. Goad, warden of Dorchester Penitentiary, members.
"These officers were selected because of their wide experience as custodians and in dealing with prisoners," the Minister's statement said. "Their experience particularly qualifies them to deal with the question of security measures and the prevention of escape."
Col. Piuze, former commissioner of the Quebec Provincial Police and previously warden of St. Vincent de Paul Penitentiary. and Col. Dann were in consultation yesterday by Maj. Gen. B. W. Browne. Adjutant-General. Warden Goad will fly to Ottawa to join his associates. -













