Ouidah, Benin
Door of no return, Ouidah, Benin von jbdodane
The “door of no return” (French: La porte de non retour) is a memorial site near Ouidah, Benin in commemoration of those who were enslaved mostly by the English, French and Portuguese, who had a Fort in Ouidah from 1580 on until July 31, 1961. The Fort, from which the enslaved were brought to the ships that would bring the slaves overseas, was located were closely to where the Door of No Return is now located.













